Skip to main content

Free Hand Drawn Fonts

I found a great design site with lots of freebies at fudgegraphics.com. In this case, it was a collection of hand drawn fonts with a nice pencil-sketch look to them. The fonts all come from a great font collection called DaFont. What sets this font site apart from the rest? Well its large collection of REALLY GOOD fonts! I haven't spent too much time there, but a lot of good fonts were found just from visiting the front page.

One of the great things I love about typography, and yet still almost hate about it at the same time, is the unlimited variety that can be found in designer type. There are practically an infinite number of fonts out there! It can make it hard to choose a specific font for a specific project.

A good software package for organizing your fonts is a must if you are doing a lot of design and don't want to get overwhelmed by the choices out there.

What font organizing program do you use? Leave it in the comments and in the future I'll write a post about some of the most popular.

Thanks to a recent post by David Airey re: user comments or I wouldn't have found this great site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Font: Poster Bodoni Baby!

I used to work with a guy who absolutely loved to shout " Poster Bodoni Baby! " in a really loud, obnoxious voice. I had been thinking about writing a post like this for the past few days, because it is one of my most memorable typography/font/design moments. The above mentioned co-worker, crazy Mike B. just recently friended me on Facebook so I thought today was the day! In my very early design days, I was in 4th year university and I had become a volunteer graphic designer for the schools student body marketing department. I got to use great software like CorelDraw! 5 and pretty good computers, but the people were what really made that job what it was... good and the bad. This was back in the day when I could identify a number of fonts by site alone, which is actually kind of a fun. I can't do the same today really but I hope to resurrect that skill... though I can still tell the difference between Verdana and Lucinda Grande (ok, maybe on a good day). Anyway, MikeB. a

Online Web Design Resources

Not much here today, but I had found these links in the fall and didn't want to lose them, so 'Im posting them here for you and for me: Good CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) Tutorial: http://snook.ca/archives/html_and_css/six_keys_to_understanding_css_layouts/ Colour Tools for Graphic and Web Designers at AllGraphicDesign.com Technical Colour Schemer because we can't get enough of colour scheme builders can we? (Really? I should just build one myself.) 20 Web Design Generators Adam Kalsey's Button / Badge Generator Being Canadian, I will almost always insist on typing it as colour. Oh and PS! I just bought a new domain so Ill finally be hosting a WordPress / Thesis blog instead of this old Blogspot thingy! Dang you domain squatters!