Skip to main content

ActionScript 3.0 Pre-loader for Flash CS3

Until I decide that I really will start a computer / tech oriented blog, I found a Flash/ActionScript 3.0 tutorial I figured I would link to here. You can check out this ActionScript preloader from clickpopmedia.

It starts right in on the code, so don't try it if your a beginner but if you are familiar with ActionScript it should be a cakewalk.

I plan on working on learning Flash myself in the next few weeks (though Monday I start my A+ certification training) so I hope in a couple of weeks this tutorial WILL be a piece of cake for me. Besides, then I'll be able to develop a nice Flash tutorial on typography for you. Or perhaps a series of posts anyway. I did start writing a learning app in Visual Basic but I seem to have misplaced it on my office computer somehow...

If you have any links to great typography, design or graphic tutorials, post them below in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Font: Poster Bodoni Baby!

I used to work with a guy who absolutely loved to shout " Poster Bodoni Baby! " in a really loud, obnoxious voice. I had been thinking about writing a post like this for the past few days, because it is one of my most memorable typography/font/design moments. The above mentioned co-worker, crazy Mike B. just recently friended me on Facebook so I thought today was the day! In my very early design days, I was in 4th year university and I had become a volunteer graphic designer for the schools student body marketing department. I got to use great software like CorelDraw! 5 and pretty good computers, but the people were what really made that job what it was... good and the bad. This was back in the day when I could identify a number of fonts by site alone, which is actually kind of a fun. I can't do the same today really but I hope to resurrect that skill... though I can still tell the difference between Verdana and Lucinda Grande (ok, maybe on a good day). Anyway, MikeB. a

Online Web Design Resources

Not much here today, but I had found these links in the fall and didn't want to lose them, so 'Im posting them here for you and for me: Good CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) Tutorial: http://snook.ca/archives/html_and_css/six_keys_to_understanding_css_layouts/ Colour Tools for Graphic and Web Designers at AllGraphicDesign.com Technical Colour Schemer because we can't get enough of colour scheme builders can we? (Really? I should just build one myself.) 20 Web Design Generators Adam Kalsey's Button / Badge Generator Being Canadian, I will almost always insist on typing it as colour. Oh and PS! I just bought a new domain so Ill finally be hosting a WordPress / Thesis blog instead of this old Blogspot thingy! Dang you domain squatters!