Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Font: Poster Bodoni Baby!

I used to work with a guy who absolutely loved to shout " Poster Bodoni Baby! " in a really loud, obnoxious voice. I had been thinking about writing a post like this for the past few days, because it is one of my most memorable typography/font/design moments. The above mentioned co-worker, crazy Mike B. just recently friended me on Facebook so I thought today was the day! In my very early design days, I was in 4th year university and I had become a volunteer graphic designer for the schools student body marketing department. I got to use great software like CorelDraw! 5 and pretty good computers, but the people were what really made that job what it was... good and the bad. This was back in the day when I could identify a number of fonts by site alone, which is actually kind of a fun. I can't do the same today really but I hope to resurrect that skill... though I can still tell the difference between Verdana and Lucinda Grande (ok, maybe on a good day). Anyway, MikeB. a

Online Web Design Resources

Not much here today, but I had found these links in the fall and didn't want to lose them, so 'Im posting them here for you and for me: Good CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) Tutorial: http://snook.ca/archives/html_and_css/six_keys_to_understanding_css_layouts/ Colour Tools for Graphic and Web Designers at AllGraphicDesign.com Technical Colour Schemer because we can't get enough of colour scheme builders can we? (Really? I should just build one myself.) 20 Web Design Generators Adam Kalsey's Button / Badge Generator Being Canadian, I will almost always insist on typing it as colour. Oh and PS! I just bought a new domain so Ill finally be hosting a WordPress / Thesis blog instead of this old Blogspot thingy! Dang you domain squatters!